We decided to visit the new Viera Wetlands yesterday for the second time (our first visit was one week ago).  We carried our scope this time and we saw a total of 61 bird species with some new species not seen last week as follows:

-  Lark Sparrow -- two birds on the fence at the northeast corner of the new dikes, near a green post (close to the parking area)
-  Hooded Merganser
-  Snow Goose -- white phase immature, on the west edge of the southernmost impoundment area
-  Caracara
-  Green WInged Teal
-  Redhead
-  RIng-Necked Duck
-  Ruddy Duck
-  Fulvous Whistling Duck  (3)

The last 4 of these species were seen in the old Duda Ponds which are still accessible by car after you sign in at the sewer plant office.

Shirley and Bill Hills
Melbourne Village