Mike and I just had our new field guide signed by David Sibley, who was here in Sarasota.  For those of you who might be interested, he will be at  a store called Inkwood in Tampa Friday afternoon.  He will be at Corkscrew Swamp on Saturday morning, and then the Miami BookFair on Saturday afternoon.  We waited in line for about 20 minutes.  I never knew we had so many birders!
I treasure my worn copy of Peterson's Field Guide which he signed at a Ft. Lauderdale Audubon meeting in 1979.  He was promoting his new revised edition, but we were too broke back then to pop for it, so we had him sign what we were using.  It sits on my shelf with lots of character and memories.
We put our first memory on the Sibley's when we went to Ft Desoto last weekend and saw the Hermann's Gull!

Perhaps some of you out there can post more details and directions.  If you haven't seen the guide yet, you'll enjoy it, it is a nice addition to the floor of the car!

Alison Bishop
sarasota, FL