I tried this evening to find the white-fronted geese at Viera to no avail.  I was at the new wetlands from 1630 to 1715 and checked around the eastern and southern edges of the area.  I also checked the old ponds to the north.  The geese could very well still be in the area.  No one has managed to get a tether on them yet.  There were some other birds of interest.  I saw one of the Lark sparrows in the clump of trees to the left of the parking area.  There were lots of waders and shorebirds.  In the old ponds there were many Ring-necked ducks, a few Lesser scaup, two Redheads and a Canvasback.  A caracara was sitting on the berm on the NW corner.  It was a good day even if I didn't find any checkmarks.  Who can complain in a birder's paradise?

David Simpson
Sebastian, FL