All,

Austin and I made an afternoon run to Sarasota Monday in hopes of finding Eagles or other great things. No real luck on any of the above. We didn't find a Golden Eagle, nor any eagle for that matter. We had 3 Red-taileds, but none were Krider's and none were Dark morphs. So it appears these birds may range widely. What we did see though is listed below:

Pied-billed Grebe, Brown Pelican, Anhinga, Double-crested Cormorants, Tricolored, Little Blue, Great Blue Herons, Snowy, Great, & Cattle Egrets, Spoonbills, Wood Storks, Sandhill Cranes,

Waterfowl included: Shoveler 1, Mottled Ducks, Mallards, Lesser Scaup, Ring-necked Duck, >150 Teal (Blue and Green-winged), and at least 1 pair of Black-bellied Whistling Duck, and a couple Wood Ducks

Shorebirds included: Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Short-billed and Long-billed Dowitchers, at least 3 Common Snipe, Willet, Killdeer, Least, Western, and Stilt Sandpipers (at least 5 of the latter perhaps more), and probably others that went undetected.

Other goodies include: Caspian and Forster's Terns, 2 adult Female Harriers, loads of Savannah Sparrows, and a wren calling from the grasses that I believe was a Sedge Wren but couldn't convince to pop up for a look.

Good Birding,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL