11.  More fun English vocabulary: "Snogging" in public - yes; "wanking" in
public - Tower of London, Sir Peewee Herman suite

12.  Montreal - out.  If you want to go some place where they don't speak
English, try Glascow.  Or Detroit.

13.  With an increase of some 275,000,000 population, we shall at long last
be able to bring enough pressure to bear on the International Olympic
Committee to have "spanking" elevated to a medal event.   Send the pandas
back to China; all the bamboo will be relocated to the headmaster's office
at St. Bibliana's School for Young Ladies....

14.  "Bugger" probably does not mean what you think it means.  But with ARMA
leading the way, it will soon enough become a household word.

15.  Warm beer.  But wot ho, chaps, beer nonetheless.

16.  "Nickelodeon", by Act of Parliament, will henceforth be known as "The
Benny Hill Network".  And you can all forget that "Wizard of Oz" stuff once
a year; the new official television highlight of the year will be our
definition of high comedy, which is any man in a dress, preferably Sir
Milton Berle.   Or J. Edgar Hoover, CRM.

17.  Dentists will be hunted down like dogs; or like foxes, anyway.

18.  The new f-word is "bloody".  It is not as functional, but in a peculiar
sort of way, when - right smack dab in the middle of a heavy snogging
session - a young English lady says "'Ere now, get your bleedin' hand offa
my thigh", it sounds almost sexy.  Three weeks out of the month, anyway.

19.  Also by act of Parliament, you will all be required to start conserving
the definite article, of which we are in short supply due to mismanagement
by the Queen's Garter of the Exchequerry of Adjectives.  Money ("pounds",
"bob", "thruppence", etc.) is no longer "in THE bank"; it is now simply "in
bank".  It is now "Me old lady got snockered and fell down steps, and now
she is in hospital, great fat bloody cow".

20.  "West Virginia" is out; "Wales" is in.  Their respective populations
are, however, interchangeable.

21.  Speaking of the bovine - and we were - "The Vicar of Dibley" is in;
Rosie O'Donnell is out.   In the pasture..er; "in pasture".

22.  Politics will be completely different now.  We reward our Prime
Ministers for leading us through world wars by tossing them out on their
ears.  Entire governments fall if the Right Honorable Third Assistant
Under-Secretary for Toll Roads gets caught looking at a bikini advertisement
in a "Harrods" catalogue; different from what you've grown accustomed to in
the last eight years, eh wot?  Remember when JFK was hosing Sam Giancana's
girlfriend on alternate Wednesdays?  Those days are over.

23.  Guess what "the loo" is.  Go on; guess.

24.  The Inland Revenue would like a word with you about the Boston Tea
Party.

25.  "McDonalds" is out; "Sweeney Todd" is in; you may not notice any
difference, however.  "Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce; ground up limeys
don't upset us".

26.  The "Cornwalliston Redskins" has a nice ring to it, eh wot?

27.  "Lieutenant" sounds like someone living in a public latrine;
"LEFtenant" is the way it will be pronounced from now on.

28.  "Bum" will no longer mean "hobo".  As if.

Oh dear, what can the matter be,
    seven old ladies got stuck in the lavatry
they were locked in from Sunday till Saturday,
    and nobody knew they were there….
[fast forwarding….]

The next to go in was old Mrs. Humphrey,
    and when she sat down, she got cozy and comfy,
but when she stood up she couldn't get her bum free,
    and nobody knew she was there….

29.  Cows (again) will no longer get even.  They will get mad.

and finally,

30.  You WILL eat something that is actually named "toad-in-the-hole".

and really finally,

31.  For a clearer understanding of what constitutes "the hole", see
wws.Duchess.of.Windsor.latex.bubble.n.squeak.Hillary.Camilla.Parker-Bowles.

Harry F. Paget