Listservers,

I love metadata - it is the secret of our art.  I'd even say it is the force
majure that brought me into information management.  But trying to define
it, or tell others exactly what it is, has confounded me time and again.
Fortunately, some journalists make a good habit of explaining the difficult
concepts, and none better than Stewart Alsop from Fortune. In this issue,
captured by PK, Alsop makes everyday sense of metadata and says, yes, that
metadata is king.

I hope you will excuse me for pointing out Peter K's excerpt, but it really
is too good to miss.

Regards,

David.

        'snip"