Thanks for the info.

Marc Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>@LISTS.UFL.EDU> on 11/07/2000 01:53:03 PM

Please respond to Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:

Subject:  Re: Position Available - Virginia

At 12:03 PM 11/07/2000 -0500, David B Ford wrote:
>I am curious to find out how someone would find out the maximum pay range
>that is available.

<http://www.dpt.state.va.us/services/compens/salarystructure.htm>

Look for where the minimum is >$40K, ca. Band 6, if I read it
right.

You can do this with any organization that uses pay groups/bands,
including the US Federal pay structure (1).

Please bear in mind that salary negotiation is just that, negotiation.
If you automatically ask the maximum and there are other
qualified applicants underbidding you, you don't get the job.
Also, if there are other applicants ~almost~ as qualified as
you who are willing to settle for much less than the maximum,
the employer may decide that your extra qualifications do
not warrant the maximum compensation.

Marc Wolfe              Listmom: HumourNet
[log in to unmask]       RECMGMT-L, Darwin