Folks...

Like Paul I live in Ontario...but I have been to Montreal.  Most people are
capable of saying "merci", and that is about all it takes.  Like many
places, Montreal is keenly aware of the potential damage to the tourist and
convention business of offending visitors...so it should be an enjoyable
conference for all.

See actually our American colleagues (confreres) have much in common with
Quebecers...no French & Indian Wars, no heavy taxation, no American
Revolution.  (I wouldn't bother to point out, though, that the results of
the respective military actions against the British had very different
outcomes...)

Cheers!

Mark