Larry -
Florida has a very antiquated voting process, using  first generation punch
cards.  Each person, once ascertained to be a registered voter, gets a punch
card and a gray paper sleeve to put the "punched card" in, once the voting
is complete.
The voter approaches a specially designed booth/table where the  card slides
into a plastic slot on the voting table, especially designed to hold the
card. The card sits in the center of the table/booth while the voter reviews
the questions in a book and punches out , the desired responses with a
little steel punch attached to the machine.  There are perhaps, some old
card readers that they use to read the results of the punching on these
cards.
This is the most outdated voting data collection tool I have seen in all the
states I have lived in.
However, yesterday morning,  I was told by my  "card collector"  that if I
did not put my card into the gray cover sleeve correctly, as in inserting it
securely, and not simply enveloping the voting card, my vote would not
count.
I thought that to be a bit overzealous on the part of the collector,
however, I am now seriously wondering if in fact, the exit polls were
correct, as originally projected and the process may be faulty, by design or
by omission.
I am sure that all of us have many questions this morning.
JoAnn Constantini
Jacksonville, Fl