        From:   Liz Allan [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, November 08, 2000 3:37 PM
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Re: Records Consequences of HIPAA ?

        Try these websites:

        http://hipaadvisory.com/ -- they also have a busy listserv
        http://www.ahima.org/dc/hipaa.html
        http://www.hcfa.gov/medicaid/hipaa/default.asp
        http://www.hcfa.gov/regs/hipaacer.htm
        http://www.aha.org/hipaa/hipaa_home.asp

        Many vendors and others (not just health care facilities) will need
to deal
        with HIPAA issues as they will be classified as "business partners."
As
        far as electronic v paper records, altho the act speaks to
electronic
        records most people I know are treating everything as if it fell
under the
        act -- it's too difficult to separate the records consistently
throughout an
        organization.

        Liz Allan, RHIA
        FYI Deliverex