In the last 15 years I participated with the Special Libraries Association for
conferences in Winnipeg and Montreal.  The one problem I remember hearing about
from vendors, individuals, and association staff is that there can be delays and
additional paperwork to get printed materials, give-aways, equipment, etc.
through customs.  With proper planning, advance arrangements, and enough time,
most problems can be resolved.  Unfortunately most of us are inexperienced with
this sort of thing and take it for granted that everything will work perfectly
even at the last minute.  Where have I heard that problem before?

--
Janice C. Anderson, President
Access Information Associates, Inc.