We use the same kind of punch card ballot in Hillsborough County, FL only
here, JoAnn, they have done away with the those sleeves.  We just put the
completed ballot in the ballot box.  In our case the left side of the ballot
in printed in English; the right side in Spanish so we don't have to read
left-right-left-right (unless we're confusingly bi-lingual).  I agree that
the Palm Beach ballots tend to be confusing.  But didn't they send sample
ballots to every registered voter in advance?  Maybe we should all run for
supervisor of elections on a forms management platform.  Don't include
electronic voting machines in your platform however.  Around here, at least,
it's still too many big bucks the taxpayers don't want to spend.

Our voter registration lists are purged -something like if you haven't voted
in 4 years including the last presidential election.  But, you receive a new
voter registration card in the mail every year prior to the closing date for
registering.  So - if you don't get your new card, then's the time to check.

Claire
Claire A. Cardina, CRM, CA