From:
        "chris erb" <[log in to unmask]>

5:27 PM

Solange,

Although she is writing in a more psychosocial context, Kristeva writes
about Matricide as a necessity to maintaining an abject maternal body.  I am
not so up on Kristeva (have not looked at it in a little while), but I think
this has something to do with the creation of patriarchal law, rather than
matriarchal.

David Der-wei Wang wrote an essay that appeared in a publication called
Boundary 2 (published 10/1/1998) about Modern Chinese Literature.  "In Wu
Zuxiang's "Fanjiapu" (The Fan village), another hungry woman commits
matricide after her mother refuses to lend her money to survive a drought".
Although this is more of a literary than psychological reference.

Jose Alejandro Silberstein  wrote a story for
The_International_Journal_of_Offender_Therapy_& Comparative_Criminology
called "Matricide :  A paradigmatic case in family violence".  More of a
multidisciplinary approach.

"Matricide and the Mother's Revenge: As I Lay Dying." Appeared in the
Faulkner Journal.

hope these help,

chris