Hello all,

         have been hired to develop a distance study skills course at the
community college where I work that will support students who are taking
other courses at a distance. The course will provide a combination of
general and discipline-operate study skills and strategies. It will most
likely operate as a "stand-alone" course that requires applications to the
courses that students are already enrolled in/anticipate taking in the near
future. At this point, it is looking as though it will be print-based or
print-based with video and support software. I have two questions regarding
all of this:
1) If your institution has such a course in place, I would appreciate
knowing of it- perhaps via a website- along with any general comments on
the efficacy of this method of reaching distance learners
2) Does anyone know of an inventory/inventories that assess student
suitability for distance courses?
Thanks!
Lesley Watts