We also purchased the software. I think it has great possibilities but we
ran into a lot of "bugs". One of the problems that we had was that we didn't
discover the glitches until we began entering actual tutor name and
schedules. This could not be done until the second week of school because we
didn't have the info to enter until then. The software locked up frequently
and we simply didn't have time to work out bugs and operate the tutoring
labs!

I did not find the software to be user-friendly. I am pretty familiar with a
variety of software programs and I found it difficult to work with. How
could I expect students who were unfamiliar with it to come in, find a tutor
and make an appointment?! When I expressed my disappointment that it was not
more user-friendly, I was informed that a lot of centers hire a proctor to
operate the computer with Accutrack on it. I was not satisfied with that
response. When we spent $2,000 on software I expected it to be bug-free. If
we were beta testing a system, it would be different.

We finally resorted to our tried and true paper system for this semester. I
believe we are going to try a newer version for Spring semester. I am naive
enough to hope this will work better :-)

Sue Knight
Coordinator of Tutorial Services
Note my new office hours:
Mon, Wed, Thurs   8:30-4:30