I agree with Richard.  At LSU we changed the name of our center from
Learning Assistance Center to Center for Academic Success, and it has been
very positive.  We think that students no longer view us as addressing only
the needs of deficient students, and we have had very favorable comments
from our colleagues.  The Center director's position is currently at the
Associate Dean's level, a step up from the Director's level.

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Academic Success
Adj. Prof. of Chemistry
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
225.578.6749
225.578.2696 (fax)

Richard Damashek <[log in to unmask]>@LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU> on 12/04/2000
11:17:37 AM

Please respond to Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals

Sent by:  Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals