From: Lori Nielsen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 9:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: rank & tenure

I've been asked to provide information about whether learning center
directors & professional staff have rank and tenure at other
institutions.  Do you?  DId you follow the same process as other
faculty members, and meet the same criteria?

So far, I've looked for this information in the NADE, CRLA, &
NCLCA websites and various links from those sites.  I know the
topic has come up on LRNASST before, and I could search the
LRNASST files if I had more time.  My next step is to look through
the professional journals from NADE, CRLA, & NCLCA.
But if someone has already collected this information, please send
me a copy!  If someone has located this information, please tell me
where it is!

BTW, I am the L.C. Director at a small, 4-yr., private, liberal arts
college.  The professional librarians do not have rank or tenure
either.  Our status is non-teaching faculty.  The topic of rank &
tenure has now come up in our faculty affairs committee.

Thank you for ANY guidance you can provide!  You may respond to
me privately at any of the addresses below or respond to the list.

Lori Nielsen
Learning Center             <[log in to unmask]>
Dana College                office: 402-426-7334
2848 College Dr.           fax:  402-426-7332
Blair, NE  68008