From: Evans, Linda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: rank, tenure

At the University of South Florida (large, 4-yr. institution), the
instructors in the Reading and Learning Program are non-tenure earning
faculty.  As director, I hold the rank of Instructor, while the others on my
staff hold the rank of Lecturer.  The lines were created a number of years
ago, so I don't know how the distinctions were made.  Linda

Linda S. Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Reading & Learning Program
SVC 2124
4202 E. Fowler Ave.