As Director of Learning Enhancement Services, I advise all Provisional
Students and many probationary students (I carry a load of about 100 students
at any given time).  When a student is off of provisional or probationary
status and has declared a major, they move to a faculty advisor in the
declared department.  Hope this helps!

Lynn Stanton-Riggs
University of La Verne
1950 Third Street