From: Weglinski, Sally [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 3:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academically at-risk-students in On-line, Distance Education
and Accelerated courses

Hi - Our administration plans on offering more flexible scheduling of
courses - on-line, distance-education, weekend courses, etc.

Does anyone know of research as to how academically at-risk students perform
in these type of courses?  Are there questionnaires available as to whether
a student would be a good candidate for a non-traditional class format?

A group of concerned faculty and staff will be discussing issues that should
be addressed as these new course formats are instituted.

Thanks for your help!
Sally

Sally Weglinski
Assistant Director of Academic Services