I am being asked to write up a strategic plan for my learning center.  I am
relatively new to this so I am wondering if someone would be willing to
share his/hers so I can use it as a model.  Big thanks!

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Dee Bost [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
                Sent:   Wednesday, January 31, 2001 1:42 PM
                To:     [log in to unmask]
                Subject:        Nursing Study Strategies

                Maria, You might want to look at "Effective tutoring for
Nursing:  A Guide
                for Peer Tutors",1994,  Carla Jean Eardley.  ED 379 033.  I
use this in our
                training of nursing course tutors.  Our School of Nursing
gives the Nurse
                Entrance Test (NET) to students prior to their entrance into
the program to
                isolate areas in need of remediation.  Students whose NET
profile (results)
                indicate deficiencies are referred to my office for
consultation/tutoring.
                We have a copy of the study guide for the NET which provides
many learning
                hints that tutors can share with students.  Hope this is
beneficial.
                Dee