Hi David,
I have the honor of being both a DSS Director and a Learning Center Director.
Disability Support Services need to be offered to students at satellite
locations, in the same manner and to the same extent, as they are offered
on the main campus.
I know this is a short answer, if you need more information , just let me know.
Thanks,
Susie

  At 04:03 PM 1/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone work with students who have disabilites as part of
>their Learning Center?  We do, along with tutors, and
>reinstatements as well as at-risk (Well, we all know how that
>goes).  I need to know if there are Disability support services that
>are offered folks at satelite locations.  We are a technical school of
>about 2,000 students and, with the help of a very capable
>assistant, we meet the needs of about 120 disability students on
>campus.  We have recently been asked to help with 2 disabled
>individuals at a satelite site. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
>
>David Reedy
>Director, The Learning Center
>Lima Technical College
>4240 Campus Drive
>Lima OH 45804-3597
>(419) 995-8049
>FAX (419) 995-8093

Mrs. Susan Rood                         "Work like you don't need the money,
Director, Disability Support Services           Love like you've never been hurt,
Co-Director, Academic Support Center            Dance like nobody is watching."
Longwood College                                        --Mark Twain
Farmville, VA  23909

(v) 804-395-2391
(f) 804-395-2434