Response to Arleen Janz request for info on high school tutoring:

I was involved in a program like you describe while I was in charge of
a tutoring program at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC).  A
local high school recruited parents and business people to colunteer to
tutor high school students.  I did the training of the volunteer tutors.
 For more information, contact Diann Back at CPCC.  She can give you
more detailed information on how the program worked.  She can also put
you in contact with Dr. Lloyd Wimberley, the principal of the high
school with the innovative tutoring program.  You may reach Diann Back
at [log in to unmask]

Best wishes for success to you...............

Dennis

Dennis H. Congos
Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
Student Academic Resource Center
(SARC)
POB 163115
114 Phillips Hall
University of Central Florida
Orlando, FL 32816-3115
Phone 407-823-5130
FAX 407-823-2051
Email: [log in to unmask]
SI/VSI Homepage:  http://www.umkc.edu/cad/
To subscribe to SINet, send a message to [log in to unmask]
To UNsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask]
     In message body type UNSUBSCRIBE SINET
     In message body type SUBSCRIBE SINET
Messages for everyone in the group, send to [log in to unmask]
NADE Homepage:  http://www.umkc.edu/cad/nade.htm