Hi Courtlann!

Yes, I am a librarian (MSLS) and my position as Director of the Academic
Support Center is new for me.  I have been very curious about the same
identical thing.  It is very tempting to utilize your reference skills in
this position because so often, students do need assistance beyond the
routine math and english tutoring.  One of the workshops included as part
of the ASC is on research.  But in order to not spend all of my time
teaching correct research skills and providing reference services, the more
difficult and time intense questions are referred to the reference
librarian, who happens to have an office next door to mine.