The PA/NJ Chapter of College Reading and Learning Association is having
their Second Annual Spring Conference at the University of Pennsylvania in
Philadelphia on the afternoon of April 5th and on April 6th, 2001.  The
title of the conference is:  Imperatives for the Future:  Building
Partnerships to Improve Services, Assessment and Retention.  The Keynote
Speaker is Dr. Arnold Mitchem (an advocate for equal opportunity programs)
and will speak about future governmental trends in higher education.  Dr.
Jodi Levine from Temple University is an invited presenter and she will
focus on Learning Communities.

The other sessions will be presented by professionals in many support
fields including Writing Centers.  Proposals are still being accepted until
Feb. 9th.  For information about the conference visit the CRLA PA/NJ
Website at http://www.geocities.com/crla2001/cp.html or contact Darcy Gioia
at Rutgers for a proposal at [log in to unmask]

Hope this helps you and others -
Jackie Simon, Director
Education Enhancement Program
Rider University