There is a chapter by Tom Brothen and Cathy Wambach in the 2000 NADE monograph. Pat Kinney will have a chapter re: math in a monograph coming out soon from the Center for Research on Developmental Education and Urban Literacy (CRDEUL). I am copying him to see if he is willing to share an electronic version in the meantime. Also, Patsy Krech will have a chapter in the 2001 NADE monograph re: teaching on-line. It is at the printer now, & will be on its way to NADE mebers next month or
thereabouts.

Jeanne Higbee

c: NADE monograph editors, Pat Kinney, Cathy Wambach, Tom Brothen

Heather Ferguson wrote:

> Greetings, LRNASSTers!
>
> I'm looking for published resources that discuss the pros and cons of computer-based (self-paced), computer-assisted, and traditional learning settings for developmental education.  I've come across one helpful article focusing on reading instruction (Alison V. Kuehner's "The Effects of Computer Instruction on College Students' Reading Skills" in the Spring 1999 ed. of Journal of College Reading and Learning), but would to know of other resources that LRNASSTers feel are valuable.
>
> We are in the process of writing a grant to develop technologically enhanced learning and advising.  Our main focus is on "anytime, anywhere" learning, with varying degrees of computer/instructor student contact for academic advising and developmental-level learning.
>
> Please post this information to the listserv as I know a number of LRNASSTers are interested in this information.
>
> Thanks-
>
> Heather (Newburg) Ferguson
> Learning Center Director/
>      Coordinator of University Studies