The NADE Self-Evaluation Guides recommends that developmental classes are
no larger than 18 students.  This can be found under the section of Guides
for Developmental Coursework Programs, Part XV: Delivery of Courses, item
XV.4 on page 125.

You can find out about the NADE Guides at

http://www.umkc.edu/cad/nade/nadedocs/certstan.htm

At this same location, you can access a link to Crossroads in Mathematics:
Standards for Introductory College Mathematics Before Calculus.  This
document was developed by a coalition led by the American Mathematical
Association for Two Year Colleges (AMATYC).  I am uncertain if this
document makes specific recommendations for class size but check it out.

Georgine Materniak
University of Pittsburgh
Learning Skills Center

--On Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 6:47 AM -0800 Jon Steingass
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:r