Hi Listers,

     It has been a while since we have had a discussion about
cooperative learning so I thought I would initiate one to start the new
year. Do you believe it is 2001?

     This is actually a somewhat generic question and even though it
applies to any institutional or individual change but I would like to
focus it on cooperative learning.

“What would it take to convince or encourage you to try
cooperative/collaborative teaching/learning techniques in your classes,
or increase the degree to which you currently use student centered
learning approaches.?”

   Please respond to the list and I will compile the responses and put
them on my web site.  I have listed a few previous discussions below and
the link to the master list of discussions for list members who may be
new to the list/

Regards,
Ted
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/starterpages/discussions.htm

Examples of previous discussions-

How do you use unique or alternative assessment methods to get to know
your students
better?
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/discussions/assess.htm

How have you overcome obstacles to coop learning?
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/discussions/midsummer.html

When is cooperative learning inappropriate to use?
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/discussions/inappcl.htm

Why did you chose cooperative learning/student-centered as a teaching
method?
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/discussions/whycoop.html

Using the 7 Principles of Good Undergraduate Education
http://www.capecod.net/~tpanitz/tedspage/discussions/principles.html