RE: LRNASST Digest - 22 Jan 2001 to 23 Jan 2001 (#2001-20)

This is to announce the formation of a second Developmental Studies online cohort beginning in March, 2001, at National-Louis University in Chicago.  Our program leads to an M.Ad.Ed. degree after six terms of study online.  There is a residential requirement that includes one weekend at the beginning of the program and another at the end.  In addition to the core courses (History and Philosophy of Developmental Education, Adult Development and Learning, Research Design and Methodology, Program Development and Management, Theory and Practice of Advising Adult Learners, The Use of Learning Technology Systems), there is an internship component that students fulfill in their home region.  There is also a focus on teaching by making a reading and writing connection at the postsecondary level.

For additional information, we invite you to visit our website at www.nl.edu/ace and/or email Martha Casazza, director, at [log in to unmask] or Sherry Liepins, enrollment representative, at [log in to unmask].