In the past couple weeks I've been asked by several people about a new law,
effective 1/1/1, that requires companies to shred all their customer or
employee data?  Does anyone know if this actually exists? And if so, do you
have a citation you can share?

Generally, this doesn't impact us since we consider this info confidential
and shred it as part of our normal business, but it would be nice to know
if there's a new requirement out there.

Thanks,

Christian

                             Christian Meinke