From: Scott, Paul (FPM) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 3:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vinyl Out-Guides

This may well win the low-tech question of the year award.

Does anyone have a substitute for or a source of letter-size vinyl pocket
out-guides suitable for records storage boxes?  The closest I can find are
for open shelves but the end-tab makes them longer than the boxes are wide.

We are trying to use a prominently displayed photocopy of the request form
as a substitute for the traditional (i.e. illegible and incomplete) manila
out-guide.  We are also considering using manila folders with "OUT" stamped
on them but doubt that they would be as convenient as a vinyl out-guide.

Your responses (even if tinted with ridicule-including yours, Peter) will be
appreciated.

Paul Scott
Harris County