Wouldn't it be great if we could look into the future?  We're not talking
about crystal balls or taro cards; we're talking about techniques that can
be learned and applied to our daily lives and careers.  You can learn how
to make a better tomorrow for yourself and your organization by attending
ARMA
Houston's one day seminar, "The Future is Creating a Better Today" with
futurist Keith Orndoff on February 9, 2001.

Keith Orndoff,  president of Future Impact Education, is a futurist who
scientifically studies trends in technology and demographics and projects a
range of possibilities for the future.   His purpose is to help people make
the choices they must make now to prepare for the results of emerging
technologies or changes in people.  As a futurist, he helps people think
about the action they need to take to position themselves to create the
future they find most appealing.  Additionally, he helps identify leverage
points to allow organizations to most easily influence elements of the
future they find vital or most critical to their mission.

ARMA Houston's one-day seminar,  "The Future is Creating a Better Today"
will focus on the future of records and information management and how it
will challenge us to reinvent the way we think about our daily lives and in
particular our careers.  This will be a hands-on, interactive workshop that
will teach you:

     o  How to ask yourself the right questions to reach your goals based
on your true values and desires.
     o  How to make good decisions with incomplete information.
     o  How to use scenario development to propel yourself and your
organization into the future and much more.

Mr. Orndoff will use a whole range of tools in this seminar, from group
facilitation to more quantitatively and scientifically based futures tools
such as cross-impact matrices, futures wheels, and relevance trees, which
pinpoint organizationally critical technologies and trends.

"The Future is Creating a Better Today" is Friday, February 9, 2001 from
8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at The Renaissance Hotel, 6 Greenway Plaza East
in Houston.  The cost is $149 per person, lunch included, if registered by
February 2, after February 2 the cost is $199.  You can sign up online at
the ARMA Houston website www.armahouston.org.  For more information call
Terry Sympson at 713-426-0819 ext. 102.