Mechelle and all the other folks:

I studied at the Reuther Library and am aware that there is a cultural
cluster along Woodward...but my point stands about the tragedy of not
having a municipal archival program in Detroit...managing the life cycle of
the record means from creation to disposition, with the archival quality
record not only being preserved but also used for the benefit of the
municipality (as with any corporate body), not to mention the benefit of
its citizens...

While it is good to know that the Detroit Historical Museum will preserve
and exhibit the collection from the time capsule, wouldn't it be great if
that became the spark as a tricentennial project to look after the City's
own documentary heritage?

Cheers!

Mark