I work for an engineering and architectural firm and had a question on the
retention of contract documents. One source told me that contract documents
are kept indefinitely. Another source tells me that they are kept
indefinitely only if it is a structural project. If it is not a structural
project it is then kept for 7 years. Since the contract is between the city
and the contractor and the city's attorneys would also have the contract,
would we have to keep the contract indefinitely?

Thanks in advance to all responses.

Roland Agustin, Jr.
Records Manager
Bonestroo, Rosene, Anderlik & Assoc.

Office - (651) 636-4600         Direct - (651) 604-4716