Dear Fellow Listers:

My employer is about to implement Outlook to replace our current
proprietary electronic mail system.  There is no intention or ability to
migrate data.  Also, since a standard for managing email does not exist,
we are face with a number of problems:

1. volume of data
2. upwards of 2,000 users with individual accounts
3. the risk of losing important business/historical data

Somehow it needs to be reviewed against our retention schedule.  We do
have the capability to store the data on our mainframe for a period of
time and as a start, we recognize we need to craft a protocol or
instruction for users to manage their messages.

Has anyone else been through this or a similar experience who has advice
to share?

Thank you,

Nancy Massie
Records Manager