Hi,
This is Diane Chase. I looked at that protocol for my young friend, however,
she is not HER2 positive and her death is imminent.

But in my quest to find any protocol for I spoke with many scientists: at
Mayo; Hopkins; Indiana Univ. (they are doing 2ME2 work) ; and I spoke with
Joanne Zujewski at the Clinical Center, NIH. Joanne and others told me of the
combination therapy and if my friend had been HER2 positive, she would have
tried it.

Since the findings reported from San Antonio on combination therapies seems
to be the wave of future, your friend might want to look into joining this
protocol.

Another protocol has just completed its phase III piece. I don't know if the
Phase III, Xeloda/Taxotere effect in anthracycline resistant Breast cancer is
now a possibility. Joyce O'Shaughnessy from Baylor-Sammons Cancer Center,
Dallas presented her findings in San Antonio on this.

The SIGNIFICANCE THEY REPORT IS LAUDED AS A BREAK THROUGH, however, adding 2
months to a person'd life is not the significance I am looking for
particularly considering the toxicites associated with some of these poisons.

Hope this helped.

Diane Chase