    When starting on the Neurontin, are patients being given a daily dose or
just when the neuropathy is bad?  What dosage? 100 mg.?  I am so hesitant to
add another drug, but Neurontin has been mentioned to help with cramping
which my doc feels is more neurologic than electrolyte-related. Has anyone
used the Neurontin?  Is this instead of or in addition to Ethiol?  I am not
yet on either one.  Acupuncture initially helped the neuropathy - it is still
there, but it hasn't gotten any worse.  However, cramping can be HORRIBLE at
times.
    We have manipulated and fine-tuned the potassium, magnesium, and calcium
intake.  It seems as if I absorb almost nothing from my diet and must take
these throughout the day (especially when it's hot and I sweat more).  The
dosage doesn't last 24 hours.  Unfortunately, when I have lost more of the
electrolytes, it's often after the fact that I realize it.  Also, if too much
potassium that creates its own set of reactions.
    Tonic water (which contains quinine) also helps the cramps.  I drink at
least 4
(8-oz.) bottles per week.
    Thanks for any additional info anyone can provide.  Lenora Austin