I am looking for information about a current protocol using
Carboplatin, Herceptin, and Taxol.  This protocol was
started in June 2000 for women with metastatic breast
cancer which has tested positive for the HER-2 gene.
A dear friend has metastatic breast cancer (hip, liver,
skull) and the Mayo clinic in Florida is recommending
this treatment for her.  Is there anyone out there who is
currently enrolled in this protocol or that is familiar
with it that would be willing to share their expeience
with me (which I would share with her).  She is still
waiting for the final test to determine the HER-2
status, but will probably be starting chemo within
the next week.  The sooner the response the better.
Thanks.
Laura, Daytona Beach, FL