saskia thiadens sent a message when lauea died.  arlyne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [log in to unmask]
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 7:22 PM
  Subject: Laura Evans

  All,
    I don't know how many of you had the opportunity to meet Laura Evans at
  DoD peer review, but I wanted to let you know I received The Breast Cancer
  Fund's newsletter in the mail yesterday and was shocked to read of Laura's
  death.  Laura was the author of the book, "The Climb of My Life"...a book
  about her fight with breast cancer (bone marrow transplant) in 1989 and how
  she led the first "Breast Cancer Fund Climb Against the Odds" up Mt
  Aconcagua, Argentina in 1995.
    Laura's death was not from breast cancer, but from an unrelated brain
  tumor diagnosed about a year ago.
    I guess I ask for a virtual moment of silence for Laura.

  Karin Noss