On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Edmond G. Case wrote:

> Hi, Here is a puzzler from Pensacola. A bird seen and photographed 26 April
> 2000 at Ft. Pickens, Escambia County, Florida. It remains unidentified.
> Please go to my website for more details and a link to the photo.
>
> http://home.att.net/~ecase/birds/mystery.html

Well... I doubt that a Masked Tityra would show up in the FL Panhandle!
:-)  But, seriously, although the coloration may at first suggest an
aberrant Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the body and head dimensions appear too
slim, and the bill actually quite thin.  It seems to have the proportions
of a blackbird, with a relatively long, thin bill (although the latter is
a bit hard to see) and a relatively short, square tail.  So, let me just
throw out there to stimulate debate this possibility: some sort of partial
albino Rusty Blackbird.  (How's that for going out on a limb!).

Brad
Brad Bergstrom, Ph.D., Professor           TEL  912-333-5770 /-5759
Department of Biology                      FAX  912-333-7389
Valdosta State University                  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Valdosta, GA 31698-0015                    Home: 912-333-0743
           Home Page-- http://www.valdosta.edu/~bergstrm/