Last week end (now the one before last) a park employee told of a TV kill
of nearly eighty birds or so in the water about 10 miles of Rock Reef
(ENP).  He said no reason had been determined at the time.  On the way home
a friend from Tierra Verde, FL, called and asked if I had heard anything of
a "buzzard" kill off ENP.  He said the word going around was that officials
used over doses of mosquito killing chemicals, choosing to apply heavier
doses rather than the recommended dosage over a longer period of time, to
save time.  In other words, use one big dose instead of several smaller
ones.  This call from my friend was unsolicited, and coincidental.

Has anyone heard of this happening?  Have I missed something?  Anyone have
the real info?

Jack Dozier
Alligator Pt., FL