The beach has been socked in with fog for the past three days so
seawatching has not been possible.  Instead of spending the extra time
doing something useful like finishing the new raised planter I started last
week, I decided to do something entirely useless...

Several years ago I built a large (6'X4') in-ground bird bath with a
dripper and mister.  The Dripper Pond is at the edge of the undeveloped
part of our lot, and it has been extremely attractive to birds.  Seventy
species have been observed using it, including such oddities as Cooper's
Hawk and Pileated Woodpecker.  The only problem is that the way the office
is laid out the computer monitor totally blocks the view of bath.  The
obvious solution was a live video feed to a television in the
office.  Yesterday, I was successful in converting this video feed into a
"live" web cam.  The image is updated every minute during daylight
hours.  Unfortunately, due to the distance to the bath birds smaller than
cardinals will probably not be identifiable to species.  Readers are
cordially invited to view the Dripper Pond Cam at:
http://www.badbirdz.com/dripperCam.htm

Does anyone know if the Painted Bunting Cam in Melbourne, or was it
Titusville, is still operating?

Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com/
"Even in its most primitive form, naming is a kind of judgment."
                                                        (Walker Percy)