Hello all,

I will be traveling to Florida next week for Spring Break with some
friends, and we're excited about getting some good birding in.  The
following list are POSSIBLE target species (the list is quite large since
one of my friends is from the NW and has birded very little in the east).
We realize some might be totally impossible (we are not familiar with
typical arrival dates for some), while others should be relatively easy.
I figured I might as well ask about even the crazy ones, just to be sure.
The * indicates our most wanted species.  We will be traveling with the
ABA/Lane guide and a lot of information we find online.  I am just looking
for any more details that we might not have found.  Thank you so much for
any information!!!

Northern Gannet
Great Cormorant
Glossy Ibis*
Greater Flamingo*
Blue-winged Teal
Snail Kite*
Short-tailed Hawk*
Crested Caracara
Northern Bobwhite
Limpkin*
King Rail
Yellow Rail
Black Rail*
Purple Gallinule
American Golden-Plover
Solitary Sandpiper
Purple Sandpiper*
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Long-billed Dowitcher
Stilt Sandpiper
Pomarine Jaeger
Parasitic Jaeger
Great Black-backed Gull
Roseate Tern*
Common Ground-Dove
White-crowned Pigeon*
Monk Parakeet
Yellow-chevroned Parakeet
White-winged Parakeet
Budgerigar*
Mangrove Cuckoo*
Smooth-billed Ani*
Antillean Nighthawk*
Chuck-will's Widow
Whip-poor-will
Red-cockaded Woodpecker
Gray Kingbird*
Black-whiskered Vireo*
Florida Scrub-Jay*
Cave Swallow*
Brown-headed Nuthatch
Eastern Towhee
Dickcissel
Bachman's Sparrow
Henslow's Sparrow
Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow*
Painted Bunting
Shiny Cowbird*
Spot-breasted Oriole*

Also, when do Brown Noddies, Boobies, etc. start showing up on the
Tortugas?

Thanx again for any help!  We'll be in the area during the week of March
4.  Good birding!

=====
Nicholas Block
Wiess College, Rice University
Houston, TX

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."