I'm glad the Short-tailed Hawks are being seen in the north, but sightings
here around Flamingo are becoming scarce.  I'm not too sad though since the
Swallow-tailed Kites have returned.  Our first sightings came yesterday
(2/23) and they have been seen several times today, along the main park road
between snake bight and mahogany hammock.
The Wood Storks are nesting at Paurotis Pond again, along with some Great
Egrets and a pair of Roseate Spoonbills.
Mrazek Pond will probably not "happen" this year since there is almost no
water.
Also, I hear that at Dry Tortugas the Sooty Terns and Brown Noddies have
returned and are nesting.
That's all for now...

CJ Grimes
Park Ranger