        The photo in question was given by me to Ed Case so that he could post
it on his website for your comments. The photo was given to me (Lucy
Duncan) by Ed Lowsma, a Marine flight instructor here in the Pensacola
area. Ed is an experienced birder, and I have birded a number of times
with him. I have two comments related to the comments that Ed Case posted
re the photo:
        (1)  Ed Lowsma said the bird was IN a feeding flock of Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks moving through the area. Therefore, Ed had direct comparisons
with the R-bGs for size. When the grosbeaks took off, so did this bird.
        (2)  Ed Case states that the "leaves are of no use in establishing
size."  I went out to Ft. Pickens the day or so after Lowsma gave me the
photo and looked at the Ti ti in which the bird was perched when
photographed. Most of the leaves were around 4 inches long. The racemes
of Cyrilla may be up to 7" long, and I think we're seeing some long ones
here.

I love a good mystery......but love a good solution more!
Lucy
Gulf Breeze, FL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.