  Dear Scott and all FLORIDABIRDS subscribers:

  First of all, let me state for the record that in posting this note my
  intentions are to make what I feel is an appropriate response to a
post
  that went out to all 400 of us. I swear on a stack of Peterson field
  guides, on the lives of my children, & all that I hold dear, that I,
in
  no way shape or form, have any intention of hurting anybody's
feelings.
  I wish only to be HELPFUL, not hurtful.

  Re: Bob Wallace's note of Feb. 9th alluded to in the below note. The
fact
  of the matter, in my opinion, is that it would have been a good idea
for
  Bob to have mentioned the name of the county, & maybe the approxamate
  number of miles, & in what direction from the nearest town or city to
his
  kite sighting. I think that most of us would have considered his doing
  that, to have been helpful rather than verbose, I know I would have.
On
  the other hand, Bob did give the name of the lake in the title of his
post,          and the DeLorme atlas page number, (35). I was able to
find the two spots
  that Bob described when I looked in my own atlas. Therefore I
sermised,
  maybe incorrectly, that you do not own a Florida Atlas & Gazetteer. If
  indeed you (or any other subscribers to the list), do not have a copy
of this
  book, you need to be made awaire of the fact that other than
binoculars,
  a good field guide, Bill Pranty's Birders Guide to Florida, & a
Cracker
  Barrel map, the DeLorme Atlas is the most important tool a Florida
birder
  has. And, as a FLORIDABIRDS subscriber it is an absolute NECESSITY,
not
  only for locating other peoples sightings, but for reporting your own.
  I do not own stock in the DeLorme company, & am in no way being
compinsated
  by that company, or any other in the state of Maine.

  Wes Biggs
  Orlando

--

 Wes Biggs
 Florida Nature Tours, Orlando  407/363-1360  [log in to unmask]