I'm sorry to be posting this late, but my motel did not
have a telephone line to the rooms. I spent Sunday at
St. Mark's. I was hoping to see the Vermilion Flycatcher,
and the White-fronted Geese. Missed the Geese and
got the Flycatcher. While at the Flycatcher location I turned
around and scoped the water on the opposite side of the
road. There I found an Eared Grebe. Farther down toward
the lighthouse there was a small flock of Glossy Ibis. Looking
through them I noticed one with red eyes. Can anyone tell
me  if it is possible to have a Glossy with red eyes?

I looked for the Eared Grebe later in the day and refound it
in the same area. I posted both birds, with locations, in the
sightings log at the visitor's center.

Ken Allen
Temple Terrace, FL