Juan Villamil and Kevin Sarsfield reported a Glaucous Gull at the Pompano
Beach Landfill in Broward County on Sunday, February 11, 2001. Take I-95 to
the Sample Rd. exit and go west to Powerline Rd. Look for an office building
on Sample Rd. near where the 2 streets intersect. Go into the parking lot
and park in the SE? corner of the lot where there is a construction trailer
on the other side of the fence. Look for a large pile of fill behind the
trailer next to a rockpit and the bird was seen on the ground on the
backside(north?)of the pile in the company of Great & Lesser Black-backed,
Herring, Ring-billed and Laughing Gulls. The gull is white with a little
cream streaking on the head, probably a first year bird. The aforementioned
gulls make for excellent comparison in relationship to the Glaucous's color
and size. I do not have a DeLorme's for better directions as this is my
office e-mail address(none at home). I will probably look for the gull early
Tuesday morning. Please call me at my cell (305) 216-2626 or my office
(leave message if not there) at (305) 822-9411 if you see the gull and post
better directions to the TAS and FLORIDABIRDS-L. I am not 100% certain of
the exact location of the office building in relationship to the
intersection but its a start. P.S. a Thayer's was seen here in the past.
Good luck!

Paul Bithorn
Virginia Gardens
Miami-Dade County