Drove down to ENP today (Friday, 2nd February) to see the Yellow-faced
Grassquit and was prepared to stand there until dark but it was fairly
easily found around 1:00 pm, shortly after I arrived.  Everyone I
chatted to in the park said they had seen it. Larry Manfredi said it was
seen a couple of hours earlier. I couldn't hear it but another fellow
came along who followed it's "high pitched warbler like chip" (his
words) through the Brazilian Peppers and Mangroves, or are they
Buttonwoods?, on the right side of the path.  It then flew out, crossed
the path, and sat up on a weed on the left side of the path.  This is
where it seems to feed - in the weeds, or in the grass along the path,
then it preens in the peppers on the other side.
     When we first were on it, it was in the trees directly across the
path from the little bridge to the small lookout, then as it moved along
in the trees it finally made it's appearance near the little concrete
bridge.  Then it moved along the weeds on the left past the concrete
bridge about 100 feet.  This seems to be the area it has been found in.
There were four of us and we all had great views.  At one time it
hovered to get at some seeds.  It doesn't perch for long, just a minute
or two, then it moves on. There have been excellent photos posted from
various birders which I greatly appreciated.
     In case you just arrived on the morning shuttle, to get to the
little bridge go to Eco Pond and follow the path around on the right.
It's about a quarter of the way around.  The concrete bridge is just a
little further along the path.
     There are birders there from all over the country.

Vera Fitz-Gerald
Naples, FL