This same virus is apparently showing up on other lists as well.  For those
concerned, the following message was posted on the Kansas-L listserv to which I
currently subscribe.  The listowner has given permission for it to be copied to
this one.
---------------------
>         ADMIN: How to avoid infection with VBS worms
>    Date:
>         Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:57:11 -0600
>    From:
>         Dave Rintoul <[log in to unmask]>
>      To:
>
> Greetings
>
> Here is a website that tells you how to configure your Windows computer
> (Win95, 98, 2000 or NT) so that computer worms like the Anna Kournikova
> OnTheFly specimen mentioned yesterday will not run. Basically this disables
> the file extension for the Visual Basic Script (VBS) file type. If this is
> disabled, when you click on a file with that extension, you won't run the
> script and infect your computer. Since there are very few times you will
> need to run a VBScript, this is a pretty painless way to save yourself a lot
> of grief. And yes, I know that the Mac folks out there are chuckling to
> themselves (and, ahem, I sure hope they keep it to themselves) since none of
> this is a problem for them at all. I'm sure that they "feel your pain",
> however.
>
> Anyway, go to this URL
>
> http://www.f-secure.com/virus-info/u-vbs/
>
> and follow the instructions for your specific Windoze operating system.

-Dave Rintoul, co-listowner
Biology Division - KSU
Margie Wilkinson
St. Petersburg, FL